PRIMARY ELECTION: March 17, 2020 in Huron County, Ohio
- EXTENDED VOTE BY MAIL
Please REQUEST your BALLOT TODAY.To slow the corona virus pandemic, the in-person voting of March 17 was cancelled.However, voting by mail has been extended to April 28th.If you haven't voted, please request your ballot:
- print this absentee ballot request FORM, OR
- call or e-mail the County Board of Elections to get your absentee ballot request form mailed to you.
Then fill, sign and send the ballot request form to:
HURON COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
180 MILAN AVE. STE 4, NORWALK, OH 44857... (must be received by April 25th.)Look in your mail for your absentee ballot packet. Vote and send it in as instructed in the packet.
- VOTER REGISTRATION
- The DEADLINE to register to vote in the March 17, 2020, election is February 18.
- To CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION on-line in two minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- To REGISTER TO VOTE ON-LINE with driver's license or state ID in six minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- To REGISTER TO VOTE BY MAIL fill in this FORM, supplying the last four digits of your Social Security Number, sign and mail it to the Board of Elections, 180 Milan Ave. Ste. 4, Norwalk, OH 44857
- Or you can REGISTER TO VOTE AT THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS, 180 Milan Ave., Suite 4, Norwalk. Phone: 419-668-8238.
- VOTE DEMOCRAT!
- This is a PRIMARY election. To register as a Democrat, ask for a Democratic ballot.
- Vote for your choice for U.S. President.
- To see the Huron County Democratic Party Candidates Page, CLICK HERE.
- VOTE BY MAIL (Source: Ohio Secretary of State and Huron County Board of Elections.)
- You can request your ballot NOW (beginning December 18, 2019)
- Request an absentee ballot with this FORM: Print, fill-in and SIGN the form. To register as a Democrat, request a Democratic Party ballot. Return the completed form by mail or in person to:
Huron County Board of Election
180 Milan Ave.
Norwalk, OH 44857
- Return your voted ballot by mail, postmarked no later than March 16 (the day before the election), OR in person at your Board of Elections prior to closing of polls (7:30 PM) on Election Day.
- EARLY IN-PERSON VOTING
Vote AT THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS, 180 Milan Ave., Suite 4, Norwalk.
- Mon-Fri, Feb 19 - Mar 6: 8am - 5pm
- Mon-Fri, Mar 9 - Mar 13: 8am - 7pm
- Sat, Mar 7 & Mar 14: 8am - 4pm
- Sun, Mar 15: 1pm - 5pm
- Mon, Mar 16: 8am - 2pm
- ELECTION DAY is Tuesday, March 17th.
- POLLS OPEN from 6:30AM to 7:30PM
- POLLING PLACES
- To find your polling place by address on-line CLICK HERE.
- ID REQUIRED at the polling place, must show name and present address. It can be, for example:
- your driver's license or state ID
- a utility bill
- a bank statement
- a copy of your government check or pay check
- For the full list and details, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- BALLOT ISSUES and RACES
- To see your sample ballot, CLICK HERE, then click "REGISTRATION INFORMATION", type in your Last Name and Date of Birth, then click "Search". Then under "Sample Ballots" click the link for your precinct. Your exact sample ballot will display.
- For a list of all offices and issues to appear on primary ballot, CLICK HERE.
- For further questions, CLICK HERE to go to the Huron County Board of Elections voter tools page.