The Traveling Headquarters visited every corner of Huron County during the 2020 election campaign season.
The Party of the People is coming to the People.
The Huron County Democratic Party TRAVELING HEADQUARTERS is
COMING TO A COMMUNITY NEAR YOU!
Come see us at our Traveling Headquarters!
Want to meet Candidates running for office? Want to get voting information? Help a friend to register to vote? Request an absentee ballot? Sign-up as a poll worker? Get yard signs? This year we will bring all this to you -- with a Traveling Headquarters where you can talk with the candidates and learn how we can make the changes we need.
Meet us on a Saturday, 11am-1pm in your neighborhood soon.
(Updated Sept. 24, 2020)
Please join us at these locations!
Hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on each date. Also, on a doubleheader day, the second stop hours are 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. All dates are a Saturday.
- Aug. 15: Bellevue: Central Park.
- Aug. 22: Norwalk: Suhr Park. Melissa James, Shannon Freshour.
- Aug. 29: Wakeman: Downtown Park. Melissa James, Dara Adkison.
- Sep. 5: New London: Village parking lot next to library. Melissa James.
- Sep. 12: North Fairfield: Lot across from Municipal Bldg. Melissa James, Dara Adkison.
- Sep. 19: Willard: parking lot SE corner of US 224 and SR 103/South Main St.
- Sep. 26: Doubleheader - 2 Stops
- Oct. 10: Norwalk: Suhr Park.
- Oct. 17: Bellevue: Central Park.
- Oct. 24: Willard: parking lot SE corner of US 224 and SR 103/South Main St.
- Oct. 31: Norwalk: Suhr Park.
Coronavirus Pandemic Measures:
- All in-person communications take place outdoors.
- Masks required.
- Social distance required.
- Hand sanitizer conveniently available.
Huron County Democratic Party Launches Traveling HQ
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2020
Huron County, Ohio
This election season, the Huron County Democratic Party will launch a traveling headquarters to reach people in every corner of the county. Each Saturday, the traveling headquarters will park in a different community.
With the traveling headquarters, the party hopes to provide election services while addressing coronavirus contagion concerns. Unlike a traditional uptown headquarters, the traveling headquarters will provide for all in-person communications to be done outdoors. Also, masks will be required, social distance will be clearly marked, and hand sanitizer will be conveniently available.
But, just as a traditional uptown headquarters would, the traveling headquarters will provide voter registration service, absentee ballot applications, poll worker sign-up, campaign materials and literature, and opportunities to talk with Democratic candidates.
Among the candidates the party expects to visit the traveling headquarters are Melissa James (melissajamesforcommissioner.com), who is running for county commissioner, and Dara Adkison (dara4ohio.com), who is running for state representative of District 57. As they are booked, the party will list candidate visits on its web page (hurondems.org/traveling-hq).
The traveling headquarters will be open every Saturday between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. from August 15 through October 31. The first stop, on Saturday, August 15, will be in Bellevue, tentatively at Central Park. The next stop, on Saturday, August 22, will be at Norwalk's Suhr Park.
Here is the full schedule of stops:
Hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on each date. All dates are a Saturday.
[Please see latest schedule above.]
Please check for updates, changes and candidate visits at the traveling HQ web page (hurondems.org/traveling-hq).