Come see us at our Traveling Headquarters, Saturdays from August 15 through October 31! Stop by to pick up your yard signs. Traveling HQ
Want a Yard Sign?
Help us buy more yard signs!
Register to Vote
- The DEADLINE to register to vote in the November 3, 2020, election is October 5.
- To CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION on-line in two minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- To REGISTER TO VOTE ON-LINE with driver's license or state ID in six minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- To REGISTER TO VOTE BY MAIL fill in this FORM, supplying the last four digits of your Social Security Number, sign and mail it to the Board of Elections, 180 Milan Ave. Ste. 4, Norwalk, OH 44857
Of the People
PolitiFact – PolitiFact is an independent fact-checking journalism website aimed at bringing you the truth in politics. PolitiFact won the Pulitzer Prize in 2009 for its fact-checking of the presidential election.
NPR – On-air and online, NPR presents fact-based, independent journalism that examines and airs diverse perspectives. In a time of media fragmentation and sound-bites, NPR has succeeded by focusing on its core: in-depth, quality news.
League of Women Voters – The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Huron County Board of Elections
Ohio Democratic Party
National Democratic Party
Melissa James for County Commissioner 2020
Melissa James' stump speech ... Please give a listen.
For more videos and info, please click: [Melissa James for Commissioner Page.]
Please support the Huron County Imagination Library.
And thanks to our own Kati Hicks for her vision and work in helping to bring this program to Huron County.
News Release: CLICK HERE
Scholarship Essay Contest
Congratulations to Griffin Schwan for winning the $2,500 scholarship in our essay contest. Griffin is a 2020 graduate of St. Paul High School in Norwalk.
Thank you to all of the students that entered. We are impressed by the many thoughtful, well-written essays submitted.
To read the winning essay, CLICK HERE.
To see what the essay requirements were, CLICK HERE.
Sep. 23 HCDP Policy Committee
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Sep. 26 Traveling HQ
Greenwich Main Street, 11AM - 1PM
Sep. 30 Central & Executive Committee Meeting
7 PM Virtual meeting via Zoom
Oct. 03 Traveling HQ
Monroeville New Municipal Building, 11AM - 1PM
In The News
Explanatory and under-reported news on the issues.
Why Every Job in the Renewable Energy Industry Must Be a Union Job
(In These Times Sept. 3, 2020)"There are currently nearly 335,000 solar workers in the country, representing a huge opportunity for the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), which admits that 'a disturbingly small percentage of the electrical workers who install residential solar panels in North America belong to a union.'"
Public school educators to state lawmakers: Fix EdChoice
(Canton Repository, Jan. 17, 2020) "The problem is how state lawmakers have funded the vouchers – by deducting the money from the public school district where the child lives – and how state legislators have not required the private schools accepting the vouchers to follow the same rules they do."
3 Republican Former EPA Heads Rebuke Trump EPA on Climate Policy & Science
(Inside Climate News, June 12, 2019) REGULATORY CAPTURE: Letter from SEVEN former EPA Chiefs sparks House hearing.
Can This Radical Approach to Dairies Save US Farms?
(Civil Eats, Mar. 11, 2019)
- California, the country’s largest dairy-producing state, is currently LOSING ABOUT ONE DAIRY FARM A WEEK.
- Wisconsin, the second-largest producer, is LOSING TWO A DAY;
- [Canada implemented] SUPPLY MANAGEMENT—a program ... to stabilize prices for its own dairy farmers
- The U.S., by contrast, embraced [the] “get big or get out” mandate favoring industrial-scale dairies flooding the market with low-cost milk.