Register to Vote
- The DEADLINE to register to vote in the May 7, 2019, election is APRIL 8.
- To CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION on-line in two minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- To REGISTER TO VOTE ON-LINE with driver's license or state ID in six minutes, CLICK HERE. (Ohio Secretary of State)
- Or you can REGISTER TO VOTE AT THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS, 180 Milan Ave., Suite 4, Norwalk. Phone: 419-668-8238.
Of the People
May. 29 Central & Executive Committee Meeting
7 PM - Central & Exec Committee Meeting in Willard
Jun. 04 Reception with Emilia Sykes & Steve Dettlebach
6:00 - 7:30 PM; Plum Brook CC, Sandusky
Jun. 26 HCDP Policy Committee
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Jul. 16 Communications & Outreach Team Meeting
7 pm - 8 pm, 2450 New State Road N., Norwalk
In The News
Explanatory and under-reported news on the issues.
Can This Radical Approach to Dairies Save US Farms?
(Civil Eats, Mar. 11, 2019)
- California, the country’s largest dairy-producing state, is currently LOSING ABOUT ONE DAIRY FARM A WEEK.
- Wisconsin, the second-largest producer, is LOSING TWO A DAY;
- [Canada implemented] SUPPLY MANAGEMENT—a program ... to stabilize prices for its own dairy farmers
- The U.S., by contrast, embraced [the] “get big or get out” mandate favoring industrial-scale dairies flooding the market with low-cost milk.
Industrial Agriculture, an Extraction Industry Like Fossil Fuels, a Growing Driver of Climate Change
(Inside Climate News, Jan. 25, 2019)""Mega-sized farming encourages practices that degrade the soil, waste fertilizer and mishandle manure, all of which directly increase emissions of greenhouse gases. At the same time, it discourages practices like "no-till" farming and crop rotation that grab carbon dioxide from the air, store it in the soil and improve soil health. ... Agricultural policy has long emphasized over-production, propped up by government subsidies that favor certain crops. Lawmakers have been unwilling to change the system, largely because of a powerful farm lobby and the might of agribusinesses that profit from technological advancements.""
The Green New Deal Lands in Congress
(Inside Climate News, Feb. 7, 2019) GREEN NEW DEAL resolution introduced ... "It is the DUTY of the Federal Government ..."
LA’s Teachers’ Strike Will Be the Toughest Yet
(The Nation, Jan. 14, 2019) LA teachers strike for the survival of public education, as billionaires try to break up the school district for privately run charter schools. "Their strike will be the most bitter battle yet in the national teachers’ upsurge sparked by West Virginia last February."